Super dope recipe that’s really simple and easy to make.
I always keep chickpeas (garbanzo beans) on hand, dry and canned. It’s kind of like a vegan miracle food because it can go in anything from curry, to falafel, and even salads. It’s a legit source of protein and brings a tremendous amount of other health benefits as well.
This dish paired with potatoes, spinach and a side jasmine rice will keep you full and satisfied for a long time coming.
- 1 Can of Chickpeas
- 2 Medium Potatoes
- 2 Handfuls of Baby Spinach
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbsp Curry Powder
- 2 Tbsp Red Curry Paste
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Tumeric Powder
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Salt
- Dash of Chili Powder
- Dash of Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Cilantro for Garnish
- Heat medium skillet over medium eat and add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Roughly chop potatoes into bite size pieces and add to skillet. Cook for about 5 min.
- Season potatoes with turmeric, chili powder, paprika, garlic salt, and cayenne pepper. Cook for another 5 min.
- Wash and drain chickpeas, add to medium skillet with 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Season chickpeas with chili powder, paprika, garlic salt, and cook for 5 min.
- Combine chickpeas with potatoes and add coconut milk, 2 tbsp of curry powder, salt and pepper. Lower heat and let simmer for a few minutes.
- Add red curry paste and stir. Let simmer for about 5 minutes
- Add spinach and let the spinach wilt down.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with rice.