Another one of my favorite go to recipes. This stuff is good, PLUS it’s filling like a mf. Tofu can be your best friend, as long as you know how to season it well you can pair it with almost anything. Yup, even smoothies.
This tofu scramble can be eaten alone paired with some skillet potatoes, or you can even throw it in a big flour tortilla and make it a burrito on the go. As I always say, get creative with it and your possibilities are endless.
- I purchased extra firm tofu. It also helps if you drain your tofu before scrambling, it’ll help out the process a little bit. All I did was wrap it up in paper towels, squeeze, then let sit for about 5 min. No need for a tofu press.
- I scrambled my tofu and peppers and onions separately first, then combined.
- The Spinach/Arugula can be substituted for any other green you have on hand. Example: Kale
- I eyeball my seasonings, please adjust to your linkings.
- 1 Package Organic Extra Firm Tofu
- Olive Oil
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Cup Chopped Spinach
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Arugula
- 2 Tbsp Nutrional Yeast
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Tumeric
- 1/2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Canyenne Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk ( or any other plant based milk.)
- Cut up your Onions, Peppers. Set skillet to medium, add 1 Tbsp of olive oil, and sauté peppers, garlic, and onions for about 5 min. Season with salt and pepper.
- In large skillet, turn to medium heat add 1 Tbsp of olive oil and crumble up tofu. Cook for about 5 min, stirring to prevent from burning.
- After tofu has cooked for 5 min, add in sautéed peppers and onions. Cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Season with nutritional yeast, chili powder, cayenne, garlic powder, turmeric, cumin, chopped spinach/arugula and add in coconut milk. Let simmer for about 5 min, make sure spinach/arugula is wilted down and all is combined.
- Serve with your choice of sides. Or, wrap in a burrito and enjoy.
🎶 Music by B. Anderson – Crushed