Another super easy dish to make if you want something filling and have about 30 min to spare. Pineapples are one of my all time favorite fruit, next to mangos and more mangos.
This dish is filled with sautéd veggies, easy from scratch pineapple fried rice, and Gardein Chikn strips. If you haven’t gotten familiar with Gardein upon going vegan, it is a pretty good filler in my opinion if you want something hearty. I never go to crazy on the processed vegan foods, but for this meal it was only right.
In this recipe, I used about 1 cup of fresh pineapple, I also gutted the other half and made it into a bowl so it’ll look tight. You are welcome to use a regular bowl … if you wanna be basic.
Tip: Instead of using the Teriyaki sauce that came with the Gardein strips, I used some General Tso sauce I had in the cabinet. Tasted better to me. But feel free to use whatever sauce floats your boat.
I also added a handful of salad mixture to the bottom of my bowl.
- 1 Cup Fresh Pineapple (Roughly Diced)
- 2 Cups Cooked Brown Rice (I prepped my rice ahead. Also chilled it)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 Cup Mushrooms (I used Cremini)
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas
- 1 Cup Green Onions (Cut)
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Sriracha
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Chopped Cilantro for Garnish
- Lime Wedge for Garnish
- 1 handful of your favorite salad mix (optional)
- Cook brown rice, set aside.
- Start by prepping all of your vegetables.
- Slice half of your red bell pepper in strips, dice the other half of the bell pepper.
- Slice half of your onion in strips, dice the other half of the onion.
- Slice your mushrooms. (The diced peppers, onions, and mushrooms will be the sautéd veggies.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1/2 tbsp olive oil (optional) and add in sliced bell pepper, onions, and mushrooms. Sauté veggies over medium heat until translucent and all pretty.
- While vegetables are sautéing. In a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add in the diced peppers, diced onions, diced pineapple, minced garlic, and green onion. (Cook for about 5-7 minutes or until it starts to fry.)
- Add in brown rice, soy sauce, frozen peas, and Sriracha to fried rice mixture and cook for another 5 minutes until combined.
- In a medium skillet, prepare Gardein Chickn strips, per package instructions. Prepare as many servings as you like.
- Stuff your bowl and garnish with cilantro and lime.
- Then clean up after yourself.
Song: The Underachievers – N.A.S.A