Peanut butter was probably one of my favorite things growing up as a kid, as it was for many people. So, it’s only right I present this recipe to the public. This is a recipe that’s very hard to mess up, even if you don’t bake. The cookies only have 5 ingredients, and the ice cream only has two. So, if you mess this up let me know so I can shame you. Not really.
By the way, if you’re a big fan of chocolate. You can always add cocoa powder to the ice cream while blending and end up with chocolate banana ice cream. That power is in your hands.
Side Note: I topped my ice cream with melted almond butter and cinnamon because it looks dope. But, ice cream melted in the process. Something has to sacrifice.
- 1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2/3 Cup Self Rising Flour
- 1 Tbsp of Vanilla Extract
- 2 Frozen Bananas
- Coconut Milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a mixing bowl (bigger than the one I had in the video to avoid all the mess). Combine the peanut butter, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix until all combined.
- Mix in flour. I added the flour in two separate amounts so it mixed more evenly. Mix until all combined.
- Add water as necessary, you just want to add enough water to get it loose enough to roll into balls. (I didn’t use more than 1/4 cup.)
- Roll into even balls and place on baking sheet. Bake about 8-10 minutes or until it begins to brown and firm.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a food processor or blender, blend frozen bananas until smooth ice cream like consistency forms. You may have to add a splash of coconut milk to loosen it up, careful not to add too much.
Music: OutKast – Aquemini