Potatoes have become a staple in my vegan journey. It’s versatile, filling, and just all around greatness.
Pairing it with my other favorites ( garlic and cilantro) really set these fries apart. Crispy and flavorful, it makes for a great snack anytime.
This is also a quick hummus recipe. I have a more detailed one coming soon. Hummus is also versatile, you can flavor it with whatever you want, just add in your desired flavor while blending.
1 Large Russet Potato
Cilantro (finely chopped)
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Chili Powder
1 (15 oz) Can Chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
1 Large Ass Lemon (juice equals about 1/4 cup)
1/4 Cup Tahini
1 tbsp Cumin
1 tbsp Minced Garlic
1 tbsp cajun seasoning
1 tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
2 tbsp Olive Oil
Water – for desired consistency
1. Preheat oven to 425. Cut fries
2. Toss fries in Olive Oil and listed seasonings and add to nonstick baking sheet. Bake for 15 min.
3. While fries are baking, prepare hummus. In food processor add lemon juice and tahini and blend until combined.
4. Add chickpeas, listed seasonings and mix until combined.
5. Add olive oil and continue to mix until smooth.
6. Slowly add water for a more smooth hummus.
7. Remove fries after 15 min. Coat with a drizzle more olive oil (or melted vegan butter, even better). Add cilantro and minced garlic.
8. Bake fries for 10-15 more min until desired crispiness.
9. Pair with greens and hummus. Then ENJOY!
10. Clean up after yourself.
Song: ScHoolboy Q – Blind Threats