The fewer ingredients the better, right? These waffles are dope and only takes 3 main ingredients that you probably already have in your fridge.
These waffles are true and honest. I showed them love, and they showed me love back. I hope you make them to enjoy and love as well. As always, get creative and top them with whatever you want!
For the gluten free folk, this ones for you.
Note: I may update this recipe later down the road by adding apple cider vinegar to see how it affects the batter. But, as of now this recipe hit the spot.
- 1 Cup Oats (Ground into Oat Flour)
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- In a blender, grind oats into a fine flour and then set Aside
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the two ripe bananas and smash until you have a consistency of runny mashed potatoes. (Best way I can describe it 😂) Lumps in the mixture should also be smoothed out.
- Add the oat flour to the banana mixture as well as the salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and coconut milk. Mix until all combine.
- Add the mixture to your waffle maker and let it do it’s waffle making. You’ll know when it’s ready when it’s browned and firm.
- Remove, add your toppings and serve. I’ve found them to be better after letting them cool down and sit for a minute to let them firm up.
- Clean up after yourself!