Honestly, I don’t know what it’s called but it was really good. I had a few ingredients laying around the house and decided to throw them together the best way I could. By cooking it down, and blending the flavors together.
My thing that kept me focused on my journey upon going vegan (outside the obvious health, environment, and moral reasons) was my ability not to focus on how HARD finding different dishes was. I didn’t look at it as a dreadful task but I looked at it as a challenge. A challenge that I could use my creativity to help conquer. It felt damn good.
I felt like a kid again, learning new things and combing things that normally wouldn’t go together. Some came out really good, and some found a date with the trash. But none the less, we should all look at challenges as an obstacle to overcome and one to excite us rather than one to dread. Be creative, and enjoy things!
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato
- 1 Can Regular Coconut Milk (You can use Lite instead of full fat)
- 1 Medium Red Onion
- 1 Green Apple
- 1 Cup Red Lentils
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Cups Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder
- Salt/Pepper to Taste
- Dice your sweet potatoes, red onion, and green apple
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter on medium heat and add your sweet potatoes. Sautéing for about 6-7 min.
- Now, add in your red onions and sauté for another 3-4 minutes.
- Once the house starts to smell all good, add in your diced green apple, garlic, and seasonings. And cook for about 1 min or so just to make sure everything is coated.
- Now, add in your coconut milk. At this point, your going to simmer your coconut milk and reduce it. Cook for about 6-7 min until most liquid is evaporated.
- Once that’s done, add in your red lentils, vegetable stock and water. Cover and simmer on low heat for about 15-20 min. Or until everything is reduced and lentils are soft.
- Using an immersion blender, blend finished product until you get a smooth consistency.
- Done! Clean Up after yourselves! You can top with whatever your like. I chose quinoa for added protein and avocado for more fat. It went perfect together.