Something easy and filling. You can make this and ration out portions and have a dope lunch or dinner at a later date!
- I removed the broccoli at about the 30 min mark. They start browning before the rest of the veggies.
- I also removed the carrots at about the 30 min mark. I charred them in my cast iron skillet.
- 5-6 Small Red Potatoes
- 1 Yellow Squash
- 1 Large Red Onion
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 Head of Broccoli
- 1 Cup Brown Rice
- 2 Cups Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 4 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Vegan Butter
- Italian Seasoning
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425. Clean and cut all veggies. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to veggies. Season with them salt, pepper, and italian seasoning. Bake for 45 min
- In medium skillet on medium heat, melt butter and add in diced onion and garlic. Sauté until translucent. About 5-6 min.
- Add in dry brown rice and toast for a few minutes, about 5-6 min.
- Once rice is toasted, add in cilantro, salt and pepper, 2 cups vegetable stock and a half cup of water. Bring to a boil, cover, and then reduce to low heat. Simmer without removing lid for 45 min.
- Remove vegetables from oven, fluff rice once down and serve.
- Clean up after yourself!