Better late than never, but never late is better. So light one up, and bang out this recipe. You won’t be disappointed.
I surprised myself with this one. It’s really easy with the assist from the Gardein cutlets.
Upon going vegan, we often time miss that “bite” that we use to get from eating meat. That was something I had to correct. This recipe satisfies all that plus more. Cool thing is, nothing was harmed in the making of this dish.
So instead of stuffing your high face with cheesy pepperoni pizza and fruit snacks, give this recipe a shot and do some good to your body!
Vegan stretchy stuff (Mozzarella)
- 1/2 Cup Soaked Cashews (Raw)
- 1 Cup Water
- 3 Tbsp Tapioca Flour
- 1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tsp Pink Salt
- 1 Tbsp Dried Minced Onion
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Package Gardein Chick’n Scallopini
- 1 Package Pretzel Buns
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk (From carton.)
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp Granulated Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Granulated Onion
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Salt (plus more to taste)
- 1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Green Leaf Lettuce
- Avocado (Sliced)
- Tomato (Sliced)
- Mayo (Optional)
- 1 Large Russet Potato
- 1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Pink Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Garlic (Or use 1 Tsp Granulated Garlic)
- 2 Tbsp Grape seed Oil
- You can either soak your cashews over night, or you can boil them for about 15-20 minutes.
- Add soaked cashews to high speed blender and combine with everything and blend. You should end up with something that looks like milk, a little thicker than milk though. Add this to a pot and simmer to let thicken up. Keep an eye on it, make sure you stir it often. It’ll end up looking like melted mozzarella.
- Slice potatoes into french fries, coat in grape seed oil and seasonings. I placed mine in the air fryer and let it go at 375 for about 15 min. You can also oven bake with those same instructions, but you’ll want to leave it in for about 20-25 min or until golden brown.
- Get frying oil of your choice ready.
- Mix flour with seasonings. Double batter the chick’n patty. Dip it in coconut milk, and into flour mixture. Repeat the process twice until coated.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes on each side or until crispy.
- Plate dish. On toasted pretzel buns, add the mayo, and other toppings. Just scoop some of the melted sauce on top.
- Clean up after yourself.