Throughout my whole campaign, I realized I never gave you guys a pasta recipe! But, here one is!
This recipe is really easy and it’s up to you to play with the consistency and depth of flavors in this dish. If you want a more potent pasta you’ll add more sundried tomatoes.
I’m excited for y’all to try this, and if you give it a shot let me know!
1/2 Cup Water
1/2 Cup Soaked Cashews
Juice from 1/2 Lemon
Splash of Unsweetened Coconut Milk
Tomato Basil Sauce
1 Cup of Fresh Basil
3/4 Cup Sun Dried Tomato (Add more if you like)
1 Habanero Pepper
3-4 Cloves of Garlic
1 Tbsp Cumin
Salt/Pepper to taste
1 Tsp White Balsamic Vinegar
1 Package of your favorite pasta
- Prepare cashew cream: Soak cashews overnight, or if you’re pressed on time boil cashews for 20 minutes.
- Blend cashews, water, lemon juice, and coconut milk until extremely smooth. Set aside.
- Prepare pasta according to package. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, add a dash of oil and sauté garlic cloves for about 3-4 minutes on medium heat until fragrant and it starts to release flavor. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Cut your shallots and sauté them in the same skillet for about 3-4 minutes or until translucent and then set aside!
- Add basil, sun dried tomato, sautéed garlic, cashew cream, habanero, cumin, balsamic vinegar to blender and blend until smooth. If you like more tomato add more, if you like more basil add more. If you like a thinner sauce, add more dashes of coconut milk. Taste and add salt/pepper to your liking.
- Plate pasta, add tomato-basil cream sauce on top.
- Garnish with sautéed shallots, and dried/ fresh basil and serve!