Boy, a lot of people have been asking me for this recipe. Just so happen my good friend Mo caught in on camera!
Tofu is the star of the show, but it’s seasoned in a way that’ll make you forget about the other bland tofu options you’ve had in the past. So give it a shot. Seasoned with chipotle peppers, Chinese 5 spice, cumin, … it’s a ton of deep flavors going on.
The vegan queso blanco is the co-star, but definitely has the potential to go solo on its own. You can turn it into a dip all by itself. So this recipe is truly a gem.
Check out the video below! I’ll also have a link to my Youtube so make sure you subscribe because I’m back in the recipe game! I’ll be dropping new videos every week!
Shot By: @Moreesefilms
Sounds By. @JahnDough7203
Chipotle Sage Tofu Crumble
- 1 package extra firm tofu
- 1/2 Cup of Chipotle peppers + 2 Tbsp Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sage
- 1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Chinese 5 spice
- Smoked Sea Salt/Pepper to taste
- 1 medium russet potato
- 1 medium white onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 Cup soaked cashews
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 cup coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 can diced green chiles (4oz)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup of pickled jalapeño
- 1/4 cup jalapeño juice
- 2 tsp smoked sea salt
- Diced Avocado
- Diced Red Onion
- Diced Red Jalapeño
- Preheat oven to 415. Open package of tofu and drain access water. Crumble tofu with your hands into baking dish and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients for chipotle sage sauce into a blender and blend until well combined.
- Pour chipotle sage sauce over the tofu crumbles and mix well. Bake for 45 min or until most the water has evaporated and tofu resembles a firm crumble mixture. (Comparable to ground meat). Check on it from time to time giving it stirs every once and a while.
- Prepare vegan queso blanco. You have to boil the cashews for 15 min (or soak over night.) Also, boil the peeled russet potato and onion (until soft, about 15-20min.) You can do these steps ahead of time. If not, nows the time to do it.
- Combine soaked cashews, boiled onion and potato, and all the other ingredients for the queso blanco into a high powered blender and blend for a very long time. Until all combined. Consistency should be smooth with maybe a few showings of the peppers.
- ASSEMBLE! Once your tofu is done, you can bake your chips to heat them up (optional). Layer the chips, queso blanco, finished chipotle sage tofu crumble, and toppings together and enjoy.
- Clean up after yourself!