Sometimes, you just want to indulge in something good. Something really, really good. Especially when you first wake up. This is one of those things that just makes you feel good while making, its something that we can all come together and eat before a long day, an instant classic, breakfast.
I prepare a ton of food from scratch but I kept hearing a lot about Sweet Earth’s Benevolent Bacon. It added a lot to this breakfast, I would recommend giving it a shot. I found mine at Whole Foods for like $4.
This has all that you need and with a side of fresh fruit, you’ll be good to go. I dropped a few of the recipes already, so I’ll just leave the link below and you’ll be directed to those pages!
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Soy Milk (or other plant based milk)
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 4 Tbsp Vegan Butter
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon (Optional)
Simple White Gravy
- Combine milk and vinegar in a bowl and let it sit for about 5 minutes. It’ll start to curdle to create a “buttermilk.” If you don’t have Apple Cider Vinegar, I tried this recipe with regular vinegar and it worked just fine.
- Dump your flour and other dry ingredients into a huge mixing bowl and add the cold butter. Cut the butter with your hands so you incorporate it into the flour. It’ll look course once finished.
- Make a well in the center of your dry ingredients and slowly add your buttermilk. Using a spoon, slowly mix everything together. Don’t over mix, you just want to get everything incorporated.
- Flour a clean surface and dump your mix onto it and lightly knead it. You can add a little more flour to keep from sticking to your hands. Form about an inch thick rectangle, or whatever your favorite shape is. All the same.
- Use a biscuit cutter to cut out evenly shaped biscuits. Repeat until all the dough is gone gone. I got about 8 biscuits from this batch.
- Brush the top with a little more butter and lightly press the center to keep from rising to high.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown and delicious.
- 2 Tbsp Vegan Butter
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 2 Cups Plant Based Milk (Plus more for thinner gravy)
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 Tsp Smoked Sea Salt (Plus more for taste)
- 2 Tsp Fresh Cracked Black Pepper ( Pus more for taste)
Optional Add Ins
- Fresh Green Onions
- Minced Garlic
Air Fried Baby Red Potatoes
- Melt butter medium skillet. Once butter is melted, slowly add in flour and mix until fully incorporated. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on medium heat. Be sure not to burn.
- Slowly add in milk, also you can add in salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Let it cook for a couple minutes, it’ll start to thicken up. After about 10-12 minutes, check for taste and consistency.
- If you want a thinner gravy, add more milk. You’ll also have to adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Serve hot and clean up.
- 12-15 Baby Red Potatoes: Quartered
- 2 Tbsp Grapeseed Oil
- 1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt (Plus more to taste)
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic (Use can also used Granulated Garlic)
- Toss potatoes in oil and seasonings and toss in air fryer. Cook on 375 for 10-12 Minutes or until crispy.
- Baby tomatoes on vine
- 1 Tbsp Grape-seed Oil
- Fresh Cracked Blacked Pepper to taste
- Sea Salt to taste
- Coat tomatoes in oil and seasonings and broil on high for about 4 minutes.
- Alternatively, you can sauté tomatoes.
– You can sauté sliced or chopped mushrooms in the butter for about 4 minutes then add the flour. Same with the green onions and other vegetables/fillers you choose to use.
Link to Tofu Scramble: https://bamsvegan.com/2017/08/22/tofu-scramble/